Reservations and Teacher Guidelines
- Email Rachel Harmatuk (email@example.com) to reserve the Woman’s Club of Arlington, 700 S Buchanan Street, Arlington, VA 22204. Include the following:
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Date and Day of Week Requested
- Room Requested (upstairs only or up and downstairs if you are having a reception)
- Hours Requested (Include set-up and clean-up time in hours requested. The start time of your contract should be when you need access to the building, not the start time of your recital.)
- Reservations must be requested at least 30 days in advance.
- Contract will be sent 60 days in advance with payment due 30 days before your reserved date.
- Multiple reservations will be included in one contract. Payment for all reservations will be expected 30 days before the first event.
- Read the Woman’s Club contract and house rules for your obligations and responsibilities as a renter.
- Obtain instructions for getting the keys from Rachel Harmatuk. E-mail Rachel several days in advance for details on key pickup.
- Do not give chairman’s phone number or e-mail address to parents.
NVMTA & The Woman’s Club of Arlington Contract
PLEASE NOTE: The Woman’s Club of Arlington’s clubhouse is not totally handicapped accessible, but does have an outside ramp and an interior electronic chair lift for those needing access to the lower level. Contact the reservations chair for use and instructions to operate the lift.
The Woman’s Club of Arlington (WCA), will permit the use of its clubhouse by the Northern Virginia Music Teachers Association (NVMTA) under the following terms:
1. The control and use of the grand piano located on the stage of the clubhouse and the grand piano located on the floor of the clubhouse shall be controlled by the President of NVMTA or a designated agent.
- The Steinway B grand piano is to remain on the stage of the clubhouse. The climate control is to be in place at all times. Nothing, including food or beverage, is ever to be near this piano. The piano will be kept covered when not in use.
- Anyone other than the members of the NVMTA must contact the NVMTA president for permission to use the grand piano on the floor, paying any fee directly to NVMTA. The Reservations Chairman of WCA must be notified of such approval.
- The Steinway B grand piano on the floor will be available with permission for use by WCA and its renters at all times as long as the instrument does not show signs of deterioration or mistreatment. The climate control is to be in place at all times. No food or beverage is ever to be near this piano. No one other than an NVMTA representative should move the piano. Piano will be locked and covered when not in use.
- NVMTA will maintain both the grand piano on the stage and the grand piano on the main floor.
2. WCA will provide NVMTA with the use of the upper hall of the clubhouse, the stage, chairs, and tables and parking for regular meetings and recitals, according to a schedule submitted by NVMTA by August 1 and approved by WCA by August 15.
3. NVMTA may serve coffee and rolls, with the use of WCA’s coffee pot, at regular meetings. Coffee, water and snacks may be served upstairs to adjudicators for the following competitive events: string concerto competition, piano concerto competition, piano concerto festival, string achievement, voice achievement, piano achievement, and district auditions.
4. No other food is allowed upstairs. If any other foods are to be served, arrangements must be made with the Reservations Chairman of the WCA for the use of the downstairs area. No tablecloths or serving pieces belonging to WCA may be used without permission.
5. NVMTA will be responsible for complying with the House Rules as set forth on the attached page.
6. Payments by NVMTA will be made according to the following schedule to cover maintenance, cleanup, and utilities.
- Upstairs: $148.50 per meeting, recital or other type of engagement, up to 4 hours each. $55 for each additional hour beyond 4 hours. $55 per hour for all rehearsals. All hours scheduled must be paid for.
- Downstairs: combined with the use of upstairs: $176 for 4 hours. $55 for each additional hour beyond 4 hours. $55 per hour for all rehearsals.
7. Payments by the Music Teachers will be made according to the following schedule to cover maintenance, cleanup and utilities:
- Upstairs: $140.00 per meeting, recital, or other type of engagement, up to 4 hours each. $55 for each additional hour beyond 4 hours. $55 per hour for rehearsals.
- Downstairs: combined with the use of upstairs: $165 for 4 hours. $55 for each additional hour beyond 4 hours. $55 per hour for rehearsals.
- Checks to the WCA must reflect the amounts stated above. All checks are to be made payable to The Woman’s Club of Arlington and sent to the NVMTA Reservations Chair.
8. Cancellations: Cancellations are allowed with full refund when at least a 4 week notice is given. If a renter cancels with less than a 4 week notice and the WCA cannot find a replacement renter for that date, a cancellation fee of $75 will be deducted from the refund check.
9. NVMTA will carry appropriate insurance to cover both pianos. The cost of any undue damage to WCA’s clubhouse caused by NVMTA will be borne by NVMTA.
10. WCA reserves the right not to contract with, or to terminate contracts with, individual NVMTA members who do not abide by the rules set forth in this agreement.
11. Termination of this agreement by either of the parties shall be by written notice, at least 60 days in advance, to the authorized agent of the opposite party. The terms of this agreement shall remain in force for the period September 1, 2016, through August 31, 2017.
House Rules in Brief
1. All doors must be unlocked when building is occupied. (Fire rule)
2. Exit lights must be on at all times. (Fire rule)
3. NO SMOKING in this building. (Fire rule)
4. Children must have adult supervision at all time. (Safety)
5. Open & close stage curtains only by the rope pulley.
6. No music played after 10:00 PM. Premises must be vacated by 11:00 PM. (We are in a residential neighborhood.)
7. No furniture or fixtures may be moved to another room without permission of the reservations chairman.
8. Do not attach decorations with tape, tacks, or nails. No candles in the windows (Fire). Hang nothing from the chandeliers or wall sconces.
9. Do not use wax of any kind on the floor.
10. No beer kegs allowed.
11. Leave the building & kitchen clean and orderly.
12. No food is allowed upstairs. ***
13. Put all trash in plastic bags, tie securely, and put in trash cans located outside of the kitchen door.
14. When leaving: Lock all doors & windows; turn off all lights (except exit lights); set Heat at 65 degrees, Air conditioning at 74 degrees.
***What you agreed to when you or your group signed your contract with the Woman’s Club of Arlington.